המחאה של הסטודנטית ממונטנה שלא נותנים לה ללכת ללא חזייה

Berethor

המחאה של הסטודנטית ממונטנה שלא נותנים לה ללכת ללא חזייה

מתחת לחולצה, למרות שחזייה לא נוחה לה(וגם לא בריאה), סטודנטיות נוספות הצטרפו למחאה שלה, נגד האילוץ ללבוש חזיות.

"Kaitlyn, who says that she had gone braless for more than a year after deciding that brassieres were too restrictive and uncomfortable, was shocked when she was told to step into an administrator's office one week before graduating."

""I was told that a male teacher had complained he was uncomfortable because I wasn't wearing a bra, and I was told to find something to cover up with," says the teen, who was wearing nipple stickers beneath a dark and loose off-the-shoulder T-shirt."

""When I left the office, I was so upset that I posted a picture of what I was wearing on Facebook, telling everyone, 'If any of you are curious, this is the shirt I was wearing when I was called out.' I most definitely wasn't wearing anything against the dress code," she tells PEOPLE."

"The Helena High School handbook doesn't specify that female students have to wear bras, but the school's principal Steve Thennis says that regardless of the rules, Kaitlyn has "created a manufactured crisis.""

"Kaitlyn's mother, Tami Juvik, 42, who runs a nail salon in Helena, says that her daughter was already covered up when she was "singled out" by administrators."

""She and several of her friends had gone braless all year and they always make sure they're appropriately dressed," she tells PEOPLE. "The school has bigger fish to fry than whether my daughter is wearing a bra. I'm proud of Kaitlyn for standing up for herself and opening the door to start a discussion about the body shaming and sexualizing of women.""

"After Kaitlyn was told to wear a bra, one of her classmates, Brooke Lanier, created the Facebook group "No Bra, No Problem," to support her friend, and about 300 female Helena High students went braless to school on May 27 in protest, joined by several male students who wore bras."

""The problem here should not have been Kaitlyn's attire, but the morality of the male teacher," says Brooke, 18. "As generations have progressed and women can now wear pants, I hope our movement will help our generation progress to equal treatment of male and female breasts and further gender equality in general.""

http://www.people.com/article/montana-teen-told-wear-bra-school-administration

"Does wearing constrictive bras for long periods of time daily contribute to breast cancer?"

"It does, according to at least 5 research studies and numerous healthcare providers, including oncologists and MD’s. Even some lingerie manufacturers have developed new bra designs hoping to minimize lymphatic constriction and thereby help prevent breast cancer, citing the bra-cancer theory for their patents."

"But it doesn’t, according to the American Cancer Society and the Susan G. Komen Foundation, fund raising giants of the cancer detection and treatment world, which consider the link absurd and unworthy of serious consideration, and unquestionably assume that research showing a link must have some other explanation besides bras."

"Shrugging off the bra-cancer link is killing hundreds of thousands of women and wasting billions of dollars in unnecessary detection and treatment, according to husband and wife medical anthropologists, Sydney Ross Singer and Soma Grismaijer, co-authors of Dressed To Kill: The Link Between Breast Cancer and Bras."

"Singer and Grismaijer are calling for a boycott of these organizations until they stop dismissing the bra-cancer link, and begin educating doctors and women about the cancer hazards of wearing tight bras."

"Their research on the bra wearing habits of US women with and without breast cancer showed that bra-free women have about the same incidence of breast cancer as men, and that the tighter and longer a bra is worn the higher the incidence rose, up to 100 times greater for 24/7 bra wearers."

http://www.brafree.org/

למעלה