What are we reading?

Wakamusha

Read "Stardust"

And found it atrociously prepubescent and infantile.. Don't see what you get in that guy. He wrote a book with Terry Pratchett once, and that one rocked... But other than that, I just don't get what's made him such a star.

מיה אחת2

reading materiel

Well, beside lots of gay fiction, I'm currently attempting to tackle "The Federalist". The writing is a bit flowery to my liking, but that's only to be expected. I've also been reading Churchill's History of the British Nations (another good translation of Aharon Amir) which proves to be somewhat outdated (obviously) both concerning the author's attitude towards documentation of historical events, and, well, having been written in 193- to 195 something.​

droren

my reading list

The tipping point - blink - the power to think without thinking The tipping point - how little things can make a big difference Kite runner The world is flat Digital Fortress - Dan Brown

I am reading now

the old lovely book - anne of windy poplars, well, I'm not just read it, but translate it to Hebrew for myself and my family, I have just finished to translate "These Happy Golden Years" of Laura Ingalls Wilder

מיה אחת2

yap

I read it in Hebrew (I usually don't bother with English unless it's literature or simply unavailable in Hebrew), and in Hebrew the book was published as: "הפדרליסט"​

פורג3

Let me get this straight ../images/Emo3.gif

When it comes to fanfiction you're only interested in slash stories?​

מיה אחת2

You really don't want to start

this discussion with me. But to answer you question: yes. When it comes to fanfiction, I only read slash. Though recently I read original slash (which is a different story altogether)​

hakuna5

You mean...

Books in English or in Hebrew? Since I don't really read in English.. I just can't find books I'm interested at them.. It's so difficult to find it in Israel. But I read a lot in Hebrew, and I can tell about these books I read in English.. Can I do that in this forum?

WinteRain

BOOKS...

I'm reading a book about Europe, a very interesting one... It's the History of Europe since 1945... (Hebrew) A few days ago I finished reading Christiane F.- A WONDERFUL BOOK!!! It wasn't easy for me to read it since the main subject is drugs... I was quite appalled during the reading, but it is a lovely book, I'm sure I'll read it again sometime... By the way, it's in Hebrew too...

gilka

Hello

Im currently reading "Demon of the Air" by Simon Levack. It's a book about the azteks in the prime days of their society, right before the spanish conquest. The special thing about this book is that it tells the story of a simple slave, and not of the king or priests of the aztek empire. I have just started the book not too long ago, so the "adventure" has not yet started, but for now it is very interesting. Since this is the first time we are doing this, I would like to tell you about one of my favorite books - "Angela's Ashes" by Frank McCourt. This book is actually Frank's autobiography, or at least its begging. It tells about Frank's life as a child of a poor family in the Irish town of Limrick. Some would say it is an endless whine, and has nothing more than "we are poor and hungry and my father left us", but I saw something very special in this book. I liked the way the story was told, and I liked the way Frank McCourt took us into a journey inside his young-self's mind, including all of the christian superstitions he belived as a child. I guess I was not the only one to have liked this book, since it had recieved the Pulitzer prize. Anyway, Angela's Ashes has two sequels, which tell about the rest of the author's life - "T'is", and the very new "Techer Man". I have read T'is, but since teaher man is very new and was only available in a hard cover edition, I decided to wait until a pocket book edition would be available. Amazon said it would recieve the pocket book edition in september 19th, but here comes the twist : just a few days ago I was in a local book store near my house, and there I saw "Teacher Man" in a pocket book edition! I was very surprised and happy, and ofcourse I emmedietely bought it. So I just wanted to seize that oppertunity to share with you my excitement about starting "Teacher Man" soon. It was one of the only times I ever wayted for a book to be published, and I got a very nice surprise. That's all for now!

Wakamusha

That's Aztec, and

Barring the automatic typo machine that I am - I must say it sounds rather interesting to look at Aztec history out of a more personal , protagonist point of view.

Angelus

Well, that's easy

I'm not much of a reader, but I'm a huge fan oh Harry Potter. I've read the whole series [6 books, up until now]. Yesterday I decided to have a marathon -- I'm going to try and read the whole series in less than a month.​

Wakamusha

Here goes

Here's the stuff I remember I read.. I've been reading for yonks, so I really can't remember all of it.. But this is pretty much the general kind of books I read: Carl Sagan - The Demon Haunted World Daniel Defoe - Robinson Crusoe Douglas Adams - The Complete Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams - The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul Frank Herbert - The Dune Series Friedrich Nietzche - Thus Spoke Zarathustra (4-book series) James Clavelle - Shogun Karate Do Kyohan - Shoto Louis Stevenson - Treasure Island Murray Gell-Mann - The Quark and the Jaguar Orson Scott Card - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card - Ender's Shadow Richard Dawkins - The Blind Watchmaker Richard Dawkins - The Selfish Gene Stephen King - The Dead Zone Steven Pinker - How the Mind Works Steven Pinker - The Blank Slate - ספר חובה Terry Pratchett - The Discworld Series (30 books so far and running) The War of the Worlds - H.G Wells William Shakespare - Romeo And Juliet William Shakespeare - Hamlet William Shakespeare - Henry V William Shakespeare - Macbeth

למעלה