joining the reserve IDF

doug molina

joining the reserve IDF

I am 42 y/o in combat shape,US ARMY vet.Infantry,MOS91-A, medic,licensed skydiver(USPA),exceptionally strong swuimmer,marksman, press conferences translator? I am able and willing to go to Eretz Yisroel and help.I am orthodox and never expected to go to up like this. Can anybody give me some advice? Can I join the regular Forces or just the Reserves? I speak English/Spanish no hebrew. Are there any English speaking units? Please,help. caleb

SirDreamAlot

First of all i'd like to

First of all I’d like to thank you for your ambitions, and the will to help Israel (especially at this hour). I am sorry to disappoint you, but I don't think you could join the "regular" forces, due to the nature of the IDF. But serving in the reserve is possible (but again I'm not so sure due to your age). You'd have to go through a basic training period (TIRONUT\boot camp). If I am not mistaken, there is a special program which deals with situation like yours The Reserve does almost the same job as the “regular” forces (for example the 2 soldier who were kidnapped were from the reserve). I think it'd be a good idea emailing the IDF itself, and asking them the question directly: http://www1.idf.il/DOVER/site/homepage.asp?clr=1&sl=EN&id=-8888&force=1 It could be quite tiring to get a strait answer (if any), but don't lose the spirit if u won't get an answer - just send another letter. You can try the conlsulary as well; they are much more efficient :). In any case, Thank You and good luck!

odelial

At 42 the IDF won't../images/Emo195.gif

Draft you to the regular or reserve forces. sometimes if you have special skills they might let you volunteer do you want to make Aliyah just that you can help Israel by joining the army or do you want to help by joining the army and not to make Aliyah?

doug molina

reserve

I want to make an aliyah and HELP. I a US ARMY vet. Why risk a young man to combat or what ever? When a man can be send instead. I am 42 with the experience of a 60y/o and the shape of a 33. thank you for your response.

למעלה