Need to update Teudah Zeut

Bburnham09

My parents made Aliyah when I was ten and I returned to the US when I was twenty, and then came back here, as a Toshav Hozer, two years ago. I was married in the US, and had the Beit Din in Safed confirm my US marriage. However, I did not change my TZ from single to married. Now I have returned to Israel with my two children, both Olim, and who both have me listed on their TZs as their father. However, my TZ still lists me as single. I want to take advantage of tax deduction credits for fathers, but as I mentioned, I am still listed as single. How do I get my TZ changed from Single to Divorced w/o ever having been issued a TZ as married? I want to avoid spending a month of my life shuttling between various agencies and wading through red tape… Any advice regarding which authorities to apply to, what documents I would need, etc, would be greatly appreciated! P.S. I apologize for the strange format of this message. No matter how hard I try, I can’t seem to work the conversion from Hebrew, to English smoothly

IsraelEgov

Dear Sir,

For information about changes in personal status as mentioned at the Ministry of Interior site (in Hebrew) -click here.

For further information please contact the Ministry of Interior at 972-2-6294666 or mail: [email protected].

Sincerely,
Tali

למעלה