הנה עוד משהו מה - Myspace של הלהקה

M e n s R e a

הנה עוד משהו מה - Myspace של הלהקה

Congratulations Justin! Winner of "Intimate Session with Dave Mustaine" Category: Music 14-year old Justin from Reno, NV has won the 'Intimate Session with Dave Mustaine' contest that was sponsored by Live Nation and Guitar Center. Justin receives flights and accommodations to attend the Dave Mustaine - Guitar Center Sessions in Los Angeles on Thursday July 10th, plus a signed Dave Mustaine signature series DEAN guitar and a private guitar lesson with Dave! Justin's father e-mailed us earlier today with a heart warming letter of appreciation as follows: "Justin is your typical 14 year old kid with a taste for Rock n Roll, hanging with his friends, practicing tricks on his skateboard and being an older brother. He is the oldest of 5 siblings and has a lot to offer his younger siblings. In January 2008, Justin moved in with me his Dad after living with his mom for the last 13 years. Immediately, I knew he had a sense for music and wanted to help him to pursue his passion which was Rock N Roll. So his friend was selling his guitar, now it is a first act Wal-Mart style guitar, but a guitar none the less. He really wanted to learn to play it. With his own money, he purchased a used small amp off of Craigslist and really started to play. Justin logs onto a website, pulls off guitar tags, and then sits in his room and learns to play them. It is amazing what he has learned to do in the 6 months that he has been playing. Justin has even written a tag of his own. I am very proud of my son. Justin's influences are Dave Mustaine of Megadeth, RIP Dimebag Darryl from Pantera, Kirk Hammett from Metallica and Paul from SlipKnot. He really tries to play like they do, but is hampered by the lack of good equipment to play on. He has not a great guitar, or a great amp, or even a wah pedal, but he uses what he has, then plays well. He goes to Guitar center with his best friend Brandon, and he shocks the store with the squeals of the dean guitars and gets thumbs ups from the workers. Justin entered the Intimate Sessions with Dave Mustaine with the hopes of winning the guitar and meeting one of his idols. After entering, he said to me, wouldn't it be cool if I won? Can we go? I was like, um ok, well if you win, knowing that he had a slim chance to none to actually come out a winner. When I got the call that he won, I was so happy for him! It was a chance in a lifetime and an honor to be able to not only meet Dave, who is one of his mentors, but also the same Dave that I grew up listening to. I was so thrilled and happy for him. This is more than just an honor, but really a dream come true for a kid who deserves more than I can ever give him in life. Receiving this Dean guitar means that Justin can now play on a nice piece of equipment and allow his creative guitar riffs come to life. I hope Dave knows, that it won't just be a guitar that he is giving this kid from Reno, NV, but he is giving him hope, that the world is a nice place and that there are actually still good people in this world and Dave Mustaine is one of those people. Thank you Live Nation for giving this boy the opportunity of a lifetime. Something that he will never forget. You guys are the BEST!"

למעלה