משהו ששמרתי ואני רוצה לחלוק איתכם

אביטל +

משהו ששמרתי ואני רוצה לחלוק איתכם

קיבלתי את הסיפור לפני מספר שנים בקבוצת דיון שהייתי חברה בה. זה באנגלית, אם מישהו יודע לתרגם יפה אני אשמח. לילה טוב

אביטל +

Obesity and love part 1

My Fat Lover Judith Joyce Learning to see the beauty of the bountiful body My Lover is fat. It upsets some people to hear me state this so baldly. "Doesn´t it hurt her feelings?" they ask, as if the polite thing were to act as if I hadn´t noticed that she weighs nearly 300 pounds. Perhaps they think she hasn´t noticed, either. "You are the only person in my life who hasn´t discouraged me or made fun of me," she tells me one morning over breakfast, crying. She´s listening to ´musica de trios´, traditional Puerto Rican ballads, and it´s making her nostalgic. She remembers how her mother used to dance to this music, spinning with the broom through their little house. She remembers island breakfasts with ´cafe termino medio´ - half strong coffee, half warmed milk - French bread, and omelets filled with fried plantains. Then her face darkens as she also remembers how she was friendless throughout her childhood. "I weighed 180 pounds at age 12,"she confesses, as if this were an explanation. She tried to kill herself at 16. There are few things harder than growing up fat. What about growing up with a disability? you might ask. What about growing up neglected, or on the streets? True, these conditions are enormously difficult, but they are not seen as the child´s fault. Fatness is always the fat person´s fault. As everyone knows, fat people eat like pigs. They smell bad. They don´t bathe. They lack that revered American attribute: willpower. They are, quite simply, disgusting. My lover showers every day. She has a closet full of stylish clothes in a wide range of sizes, reflecting her lifelong battle with the scale. But she grew up fat, an she is fat still. Not in a wheelchair, not on the streets, but the pariah of an entire culture. I am not a "chubby-chaser" - someone erotically excited by fat - nor was I always, to use the politicized term, "fat-positive." I grew up in a family as red-bloodedly fat-phobic as most. My mother, who is five-foot-two and weighs just over 100 pounds, was perpetually on a diet. My father´s and my grandmother´s standard greeting to all family members they hadn´t seen in a while was, "You look good - you´ve lost weight." At age 16, weighing barely 100 pounds myself, I, too, dieted. Some days I´d eat nothing but a single doughnut. When I got to college I made rules for myself: Each night I could have a salad and an entree or a salad and dessert - but never all three. Around the time our parents were splitting up, my younger sister, Jennifer, took to watching hours of TV each afternoon, her hand in a bag of snacks the whole time. By age 9 she´d grown chubby, a fact that did not go unnoticed in our house, and by 12 she too had begun to diet. When she got down to 85 pounds, the family started noticing that this exercise of willpower had gone a little too far. Those were my mother´s exact words: "I admire her willpower; she just takes it a little too far." Jen went to a therapist and began eating again, but it was years before anyone realized what she did after she ate. Her anorexia had become bulimia, a far more insidious illness with its incessant vomiting and abuse of laxatives. In the meantime, I had discovered feminist theory. I took women´s studies classes during my last year of college and read about the many kinds of oppression. I watched my sister; I made the connection. Furious, I resolved never to diet again. "Jude, you´re amazing," Jen would later tell me. "You´re the only woman I know who can eat ice cream ... I mean without throwing up afterward." It was one thing to have a political stance against fat oppression. It is quite another, I found, to have a fat lover. The problem didn´t arise in bed. I wanted her, there was no question about that. The problem came when I looked at her naked body after we had made love. The body I saw was not one I knew how to call beautiful.

shellyxx

השורה האחרונה פשוט הוציאה לי את ..

החשק לעשות סקס בזמן הקרוב.

אביטל +

אז תעברי לחלק הבא

את יודעת, אנחנו לא שמים לב לזה, אבל לרוב אנחנו היחידים שנותנים משמעות כל כך רבה לאיך נראה הגוף שלנו. הרבה פעמים אנשים שאוהבים אותנו באמת, לא שמים לב לזה וזה לא משמעותי בשבילם. אני נשואה כבר 3 שנים, והייתי עם בעלי יותר מ 5 שנים לפני זה. בתוך כל התקופה הזאת היו רק מספר חודשים שבהם הייתי יותר רזה מאשר אני היום. והייתה תקופה שבה הייתי הרבה יותר שמנה. וזו הייתה דווקא התקופה שבה התחתנו. זה אף פעם לא שינה לו. בעיני, מי שדוחה מישהו אחר בגלל מראה חיצוני לא שווה שיכאבו בגללו.

shellyxx

אביטל ,

אני מסכימה איתך.אבל זאת אני שדוחה את עצמי. אני נמשכת לאנשים שמנים בקלות , אבל כשזה מגיע לדמות שנשקפת מולי במראה אני יכולה להגיע לרמות תיעוב מטורפות. הגעתי כבר למסקנה שזה ראיה מעוותת , שאני זאת שמחליטה איזה "מישקפיים" לשים כשאני מסתכלת על עצמי. אבל הביקורתיות-המתמקדת-רק-בדברים-רעים-אצלי לא נותנת מנוח.

אביטל +

Obesity and love part 2

My lover´s belly was distended; her thighs were thick. Around her face, she had a double, perhaps a triple, chin. In the past, I´d had lovers who, like most people, disliked their bodies. It had been one of my talents as a lover to change those feelings. I´d praised their bodies, loving them with words as well as touch. Now I wanted to do the same thing for my fat lover. Yet I could not tell her she was beautiful. "I love your body," I told her instead as I kissed her, licking and stroking her flesh. "I love your body," I repeated like a mantra, to ward away the persistent, ugly remnants of my disgust. Later, as she gained more weight, my lover began to worry that there was a limit to how much fat I could love, or perhaps how much fat I could overlook. "It´s your essence I´m attracted to," I assured her. "No amount of weight you could gain or lose would change my feelings for you." And somewhere along the way, the judging portion of my brain grew thinner and thinner until, like a fingernail sliver of the moon, it almost disappeared. "You´re beautiful," I told my lover then, because it was true. Later, as my lover´s kidneys failed, I came to love her body in still other ways. Now that it had become a battleground, a locus of pain and discomfort rather than pleasure, I loved it in defiance, as if my passion could banish its ills. I loved it perhaps in the same way that some women love "unavailable" men, because I could not reach it, even as I lay naked beside it. After the kidney transplant that saved her life, my lover gained another 50 pounds. She´d gone months with no appetite, weeks with nausea that forced her to live on just bread and applesauce, so it was a joy when food tasted good to her again. Besides, she was now taking prednisone, a steroid drug that made her constantly hungry and changed the way her body metabolized food. It is also true that my lover is, in her own words, "addicted to food." She sometimes eats when she is not hungry. She has ignored her hunger so often - because she wad dieting, or eating to fill other needs - she no longer knows what it is to feel full. These things are true of many thin women as well. From time to time, my lover declares she wants to lose weight. I want to help her, I tell myself, so I start making her salads for lunch and cooking fat-free vegetable soups. And I catch myself beginning to watch what she eats. I feel the judgment growing in me again. So I pay heed when my lover tells me that I am the first person who has ever loved her at her weight, not in spite of it. She tells me this over the breakfast I´ve made: a crustless quiche with potatoes, apples, red onion, and smoked mozzarella. cooking has always been a way I nurture myself and the people I love. I remember watching my sister refuse to eat. I think of the months when my brave and beautiful lover´s kidneys made eating impossible. So tonight, I think, I´ll cook us a meal to celebrate our appetites at their most joyous and untamable: maybe a garlicky Puerto Rican ´asopao´, fresh baked corn muffins, and a salad of greens, pecans, feta cheese, and pears. >From The Sun (Nov. 1997)

אביטל , (בעצם לכולם). דיבור קצת.../images/Emo56.gif

איזה סיפור! זאת היתה התמודדות קשה לשתיהן, כל אחת בדרכה. ועודף משקל כזה כבר לא ענין רק של אסתטיקה ממש סכנה לבריאות!!! את יודעת, אחרי שקראתי את זה חשבתי, כמה חשיבות יש לפורום כמו שלנו שלא מדבר רק על "הדברים מלמעלה" אלא פנימה יותר. מי יודע מה היה שם מתחת לשטח שגרם לחברה שלה להגיע לאן שהגיעה. כל ענין דימוי הגוף (כמו ששלחה אלוניס) למשל וכו´. מושפע המון וגם מהקודים החברתיים, חוסר ערך עצמי שעבר אלינו מהורינו, או שדעתם של האחרים חשובה יותר, שחשוב לרצות את הסביבה (שפירושו להיות רזה!) ללמוד ולעמוד במוסכמות חברתיות כדי שנהיה "ראויים" להיות אהובים (גם קטע של להיות דק גיזרה) בכלל כל מיני עקרונות שמצפים מאתנו למלא במערכות יחסים שלנו. ממש מקומם! ומרידה כנגד זה יכולה להתבטא ב...דווקא אני אשמין!. יש לי חברה בעבודה שמדברת איתי בכנות ובגלוי שקשה לה לרדת, מפני שזה סוג של מרידה שלה. או לא לתת לאחרים להתקרב אליה (אפילו סיפרה שהיא מרגישה שבתת ההכרה זה גם כנגד בעלה). נו, אביטל. עד איפה השורשים של ההשמנה מגיעים? זה לא יאומן! ואם לא חושפים אפשר עוד שנים "לדרדס" באותו מקום, או לעלות ולרדת כמו יו-יו. ובנוסף, כל הענין החברתי הזה גורם לכך שזה הופך אותנו למקובעים למסגרות. אז איפה אנחנו? ואיפה נקברת היצירתיות שתאפשר לנו להיפתח לעוד כיוונים ואז לצאת מהבור? לא? אז באמת אי אפשר בקטע הזה לחפש רק פתרון טכני, אין מה להגיד. כי המשהו האחר חזק יותר כי הוא השורש שמשפיע ומרעיל באמת. אם זה לא מטופל ההיסטוריה חוזרת על עצמה. זהו כמה מחשבות עלו לי בגלל המאמר הזה. תודה אביטל על הטירחה! אנחנו נהיה בסדר. לא בתור אמירה. בגלל שאנחנו עושות את זה הפעם נכון. ושכולם כולם כולללללם אמן ואמן יצליחו!!!! לא יכול להיות אחרת. אוהבת, דליה.

אביטל +

הפרעות אכילה ומרידה

הפרעת אכילה היא באמת סוג של מרידה. זה נפוץ כל כך בגיל העשרה בין השאר כי זה הגיל שבו אנחנשים מתחילים לרצות יותר שליטה על חייהם. ואם הם לא מצליחים באופן נכון והגיוני אז הם פונים לתחומים אחרים בו הם יכולים לשלוט - על הגוף ועל האוכל. הרי אם נערה בת 16 מסרבת לאכול, איך אפשר להכריח אותה ? זה מצב שבו היא שולטת בו. היא קובעת מתי וכמה תאכל. והיא גם קובעת מתי וכמה תשומת לב היא תקבל ע"י השליטה הזאת. זה לא עובר כאשר מתבגרים. כי כמבוגרים אנחנו לא תמיד מרגישים בשליטה על חיינו. אנחנו לא תמיד מצליחים לעשות מה שאנחנו רוצים.

זה בולט בגיל הנעורים. ובגילאים

אחרים גם, בווארציות אחרות. וממה שסוחבים בכלל מהעבר שלא נפתר. דליה.

אביטל +

נכון אבל

השורשים הם לרוב מהילדות ומגיל ההתבגרות. וזה נכון לגבי כל בעיה דומה.

shellyxx

ואוו, פשוט נוגע ללב. ../images/Emo7.gif

אביטל , אין מילים. סיפור מדהים, האנגלית סבירה ומומלץ לכולם לקרוא !!!!!!!!!!! בהתחלה הייתי בטוחה שהוא נכתב על ידי גבר , הופתעתי לגלות ששמו JUDITH ומיד התחלתי לקרוא הכל שוב. אביטל , יש לך מושג בסוגייה?

למעלה