Congratulations!

Congratulations! ../images/Emo20.gif

It's nice to see there is such forum, I always wanted to practice my english and now finally ther's a place for it. btw, please fell free to correct my mistakes
I wanted your advice about something; i'm teaching a sixth grader english but he's only a year and a half in the country and never studyed english before, so how can I teach him? is there something I should or shouldent do? Best regards

liormi.

oh dear lady- mistakes ../images/Emo13.gif

fell=feel ther's= there's אל תהרגי אותי אם פה תיקנתי לא טוב
Ok for your quastion: if he never studeyd english i guess he didn't knew the ABC ever before i suggest you try to talk with him english and try to let him understand it alone how old is he? i dont know how to advice so well but my sister tought me english and now i love english so much and talk like my mother langauge
maby if you tell us more details about how old is he and where he came from i think i will be able to help a bit more

ב6/5 זה קורה. אני נרשמתי. ואת/ה?

ל3

the best thnk to do

would be to first recieve info from the child by asking him simple questions- ones that can make you understand what it is that needs to be worken on more and what is less. I also recomand you start by going over the A.B.C . Try to use as many games and activities as you can. If the child know the A.b.c. by heart , you can start bulding simple words with him and work on the sounds. later on you will get to more complex words and sentences. If you wish to ask more or seek for advices , I would love to help happy passover

שעטנז

LIORMI....

שפת אם: MOTHER TOUNGUE not mother lang... OK FOR YOU Q.... שכחת לכתוב AS לפני ה FOR Sooo, as for the topic at hand... I say listening to music, while reading the lyrics, is the best way to learn... Plus, opening the dictionary every once in a while, would do him only good!

Is it realy that helpful ? ../images/Emo20.gif

listening to music while reading the lyrics? cuz I know many teens who learned English in the same why and I never thought how you can learn a whole language only by listening to music and reading the lyrics...

שעטנז

UMMM from my experience i say

YES... lyrics shows u the proper use of words, idioms and wat not, not to mention SPELLING. don't u reckon the same?

Well... ../images/Emo13.gif

Mariah is not the only singer in the world! And many many artists and bands use improper spelling. Man, your addiction to Mariah reminds me a good friend of mine who just can't stop talking about her... As if the whole world somehow associates with her.

שעטנז

Your friend has good, make it great

, taste in music, women and wat not
I use her name gratuitously, because i owe everything to her (Eng wise...). I'm her ewe (lamb)

ailag

not quite

I actually memorized the "ifs" for my bagrut test by memorizing CORRECTIONS to "if"s in songs that I liked. i.e. they sang it wrong, i corrected them and memorized. especially with more recent music, which (unfortunately) is mostly written for money, without much care for the language. i don't have a specific advice since for me, a year in the usa helped quite a bit. i can only say that after that year, i kept my level of english high by chatting in IRC chats (in english, of course). books are a good solution, too. you can give simple comics to the child. like garfield or peanuts. read them with him and explain everything.

ל3

songs and poems

are very good in terms of learning new words and enreaching your vocabulary. and beside, what is more fun than learning via ways you like and fund of?

but why not "tought"? ../images/Emo20.gif

I'm refering to the past but i guess there's some rule I don't know... well, I don't know many rules
I've learned english only by books, not to mention that I was able to actualy speak after visiting France (how ironic) the one country that dislikes anything connected with english...

ailag

because

you asked: how DID your sister [limda] you. the "did" covered the past already. (think of it this way: you can't say "how did she will teach you". so "did" can do the job of telling us the sentence is talking about the past) i can't put the rule into words, but it's always "how did she teach" "how did you say" "why did you go" etc.. and this is the place to brush up on your english so don't apologize
i'm sure my mistakes will start showing up as well any second now. if that's any comfort to ya.. :)

שעטנז

UMMM BASIC RULE

after DID comes the basic form of the word. it's a basic paradigm, rubric rather, in the English lang. remember that

למעלה