What a scandal

What a scandal

I never cease to be infuriated by what is happening to women in hospitals. A nice big tall woman with a lovely roomy pelvis (midwives delight) calls me to ask if she can have an appointment for a clinical evaluation of the size of her baby. She was 40 weeks, second birth, and had 3 different ultrasounds in the last 2 weeks ranging from 3800 to 4500, and in the "progressive" natural oriented hospital she was told that she must have a Cesarian because the baby was huge, 4500, and the shoulders would surely get stuck, and she would kill her baby. They did their best to instill fear in her, but her womanly insight and trust told her to get another opinion. HEr first baby was 3600, easily born in 2 hours, with no stitches. Anyway, after laying hands on her I was sure the baby wasn't more than 4300, and gave her lots of encouragement and told her to take castor oil and did some mild cervical massage on a very ripe cervix. I advised her to go to another hospital and not say anything about the baby being big. She did take my advice and called me the next day from home, with a baby at her breast that weighed 4290 born very easily. Just imagine all the other women that don't have the courage or gumption to question what they are told by the white coats of authority. Why is it women sue for all kinds of things, but never for unnecessary Cesarians? Unfortunately, only that can maybe stop the serious Cesarian epidemic.

mise

נורא ואיום.

ואח"כ אנחנו שומעים באמת (מהנשים שאין להן התושיה לקום ולומר לא או לבדוק) "הגעתי לקיסרי.." ואחרי ששומעים את השתלשלות הדברים מבינים כמה חבל וכמה מיותר זה היה.

אני שומעת לצערי על המון מקרים כאלו

של הערכת משקל מוטעית בפורום "הריון ולידה- תמיכה". לא תמיד יש צורך בניתוח קיסרי, אבל רק לפני כמה ימים ימים מישהי התייעצה בפורום בנוגע לאותה סוגיה בדיוק- הערכת משקל ע"י U.S שיצאה מעל 4.200 (אם אני לא טועה) והמליצו לה על קיסרי אלקטיבי. עצוב מאוד...

cookie1

טועים כל כך הרבה...

עד שנשים לא יתחברו שוב לתחושות שלהן קשה למנוע מקרים כאלו

Manty

וכמה חבל

שתינוקה לא קיבל את ההזדמנות להוולד ללא שום זירוזים ("טבעיים" או לא)!

למעלה